I wonder what effect this has on ColdFusion.  Anyone know how CF's revenue
stacks up compared with Adobe's other products?  I'm guessing folks on the
CF team are nervous. :-/
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/2008/12/01/daily50.html

Adobe to cut 600 jobs, reduces fourth quarter revenue outlook

*Adobe Systems
Inc.*<http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/gen/Adobe_Systems%20Inc_B08127562C4B45B2BB59D805B93FEC8D.html>
said
Wednesday it expects to cut 600 employees of its about 7,000-member total
work force globally, and reduced its fourth quarter revenue outlook.

San Jose-based Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE) said it expects revenue of $912 million
to $915 million and earnings of 45 cents to 46 cents a share.

The company's fourth quarter revenue target range had been $925 million to
$955 million, and its fourth quarter diluted earnings per share target
ranges were 39 cents to 41 cents.

"The global economic crisis significantly impacted our revenue during the
fourth quarter," said CEO Shantanu Narayen. "We have taken action to reduce
our operating costs and fine-tune the focus of our resources on key
strategic priorities."

The company cited weaker-than-expected demand for its new Creative Suite 4
family of products that began shipping in the fourth quarter in North
America and Europe as the main cause for the shortfall in fourth quarter
revenue.

Adobe said it expects charges of $44 million to $50 million from the staff
cuts, with $28 million to $30 million of those recorded in the fourth
quarter.

For the first quarter, it expects revenue of $800 million to $850 million.