From: Ian Vaughan [mailto:i.vaug...@neath-porttalbot.gov.uk]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 9:34 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Active Directory - Getting a users Accountname

Hi

How do you query a logged in domain users networkID/accountname via
Coldfusion.

I would like CF to pick up automatically a users domain networkID and
then set this as a variable to query against another database, although
at the moment I am using a CFDUMP just to see the result.

This is what I have at the moment, and I am getting the error below

"Variable SAMACCOUNTNAME is undefined."

Any ideas?

----CODE SNIPPET-----------

<cfset StartOU="dc=domain, dc=co,dc=uk">

<cfldap action="query"
name="adresult"
attributes = "sAMAccountName,dn, cn,sn,givenName,password, mail,ou"
start="#StartOU#"
scope="subtree"
filter="samaccountName=#samaccountName#"
server="server"
port="389"
username="username"
password="password"