>Thanks for the comments, Don!
>
>The main thing I'm worried about is any performance "hit" on the
>publishing server.  The target server can lag behind data-wise by a
>bit (30 minutes to an hour is an acceptable delay).  The problem is
>the size.  A MS Dynamics GP database contains 1,498 tables (not
>including temp tables and local tables created for check printing and
>reports), none of them truly normalized.  I need to make sure that the
>transactional replication does not create any additional delay in the
>primary tasks being fulfilled.
>
>I guess the only way to tell is to do it and see what happens.

Hatton,

With regard to 1,498 tables, do you mean, User Tables? just for clarity.  One
strategy on least impact of replication is to put a majority of these tables,
supporting functionalities like Stored Procedures, Views etc. in the Snapshot
publication process vs. Transaction or Merge publication.  And if these tables
essentially contains static data then the snapshot would be one time only,
hence, one time impact and can be done off peak hours etc.

In my case, it was less than 200 user tables but with thousands of procedures
etc.

Don