Looking at the code, it looks like it is using JSON to serialize the object,
via CFJSON. But I don't see how that's going to work with CFCs, since the
serializer will see it as a structure, and when it is deserialized later,
you'll end up with a structre, not a CFC.

A further quick review of the code gives me some reservations about the
locking strategies employed and the fact that the cache is based soley on a
hardcoded timeout value rather than something like usage metrics.

If you're interested in reviewing a pretty complex caching system, have a
look at how Transfer is doing it. Even if you don't use Transfer, Mark's
created some pretty robust cache machinery.