Good Day,

Can't come up with a better title, so here is what I want to do.

I have two servers, one DB and one web.  My DB server is having MASSIVE issues
at the moment. CPUs blowing up, and the server shutting down randomly, at
night.  I would like to use the webserver (with CF8) to monitor the status of
the DB server, and was wondering what everyone thought was the best method? I
was thinking of checking to see if the domain server (which is controlled by
the DB server) was in existence, although I am not sure if that is possible
with CF.  The other thing I could test would be the connection to the database,
but I can't seem to find the references to accessing the admin tools in CF8,
where I thought that would be possible, so any resource direction would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob