---- Arsalan Tariq Keen <arsalk...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> yes I did check RiaForge.org but couldn't find anything useful. I basically
> have to work on an inventory management system, the idea is simple... a
> Warehouse which is used to kept equipment stock ... then requests are made
> for shipment either to or from the warehouse....

 I have written a number of inventory-transaction systems over the years. I
am not aware of an open source CF solution. It is usually straight forward
in that you have a table of inventory records and a table for transactions.
After that, you can make it as complicated as you like. You can get into
details like status, reporting, etc.
 A lot of the inventory-transaction control system complexity comes from the
actual, physical procedures issues, not the database design. I would suggest
you really do a lot of upfront analysis of the processes before you start
looking at the design. Also, keep the end users in the team if you can since
they sometimes have hidden processes that you will find out about after you
have done a lot of initial design.
 Good luck, Roger