I know your pain!  I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago.
I lived in an area where people would have an absolute conniption if you
quoted them $1,000 - $1,200 for a CF application. (I once had a client
try to argue a price with me because I charged $3 per year more for
domain registrations than a competitor...$3 per year!  That's $0.25 per
month!)

I finally moved to an area where people realize that it costs money for
technology products and services.  They see it as a necessary
investment, not an unnecessary expense.

Thanks,

Eric Cobb
http://www.cfgears.com