> Using cfwindow, he is actually using a modal window for his edits, not a
> popup.

I'm still experimenting with this, and haven't gotten it to work yet.

Layout issues are the main reason I'm not using CFGRID.

For example, let's say I'm editing newsletters. In my list, I only need
to see the date, newsletter name, and author.

But I've got a ton of functions I need to perform for each newsletter,
and instead of a Spry Tabbed Interface, I'm trying to simplify it down
to a single edit.cfm page that uses a cfwindow for the different functions:
   1. Edit
   3. Manage Right Column Links
   4. Manage Left Column Links
   5. Publish
   6. Archive

I'm still in concept phase, so I'm writing code, trying it out, tossing
it all, starting over.

So, at this point, I've gotten all the buttons to open the window,
present the correct form, and update the associated database record.

I've just not figured out the best way to set up the edit page so
  1. The page stays in place when the window opens and/or closes
  2. Displays the updated data in place

I'm working on the below, so in theory, each returned record on my
"edit" page would be inside a unique div, and then after submitting the
form, just that div would update - but I don't quite grok how this works
yet..

 > Use the Coldfusion.navigate previously mentioned
 > to handle updating the db, then use the callback
 > to call that template to update the region.

To be honest, when CF8 was announced, I figured this was the main sort
of thing that the AJAX stuff was for - and if you're using CFGRID it
looks the peach. Trying to do it without CFGRID though - I'm thinking of
dumping the whole idea and going jQuery, which will require a whole new
set of head scratching!