>Yes the proc license is really the only way to go... The difficulty in
>switching depends greatly on your code. IT could be quite easy - or require
>rewriting every query.
>
>I recently helped a customer go from MySQL to MSSQL and I wrote a couple of
>posts on it. It will give you an idea of the type of difficulty you might
>encounter.
>
>http://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2009/7/13/MySQL.to.MSSQL
>
>http://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2009/7/23/data.truncation.mysql.to.m
>ssql
>
>I recently helped a customer go from MySQL to MSSQL and I wrote a couple of
>posts on it. It will give you an idea of the type of difficulty you might
>encounter.

curious as to why anyone would want to switch from MySQL to MSSQL......

a quick look at mysql.com/customers showed the following:

facebook
feedster
flickr
fotolog

and that was just in "f"

also found craigslist, ebay, Google, istockphoto, ticketmaster, webtrends,
yahoo and the list goes on and on.......

I found the switch fairly easy, definitely worth a look as its free to download.