From: Justin Scott [mailto:jscott-li...@gravityfree.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 11:36 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: Faster SMTP

How many messages are we talking about?  I've generally found that
writing
MSG files directly to the pickup folder of the Microsoft SMTP service
(bundled with IIS) gets them out WAY faster than anything else I've
tried.
This, of course, assumes you're on Windows and have access to configure
the
server.

The component you linked to has some nice features that will handle some
of
the more complex tasks of creating the message file (multi-mime, etc.).
Overall it doesn't look too bad if you need those features.

-Justin Scott