> This is an actual mail server though correct? My mail server is
> not the issue it spools out fine. It's the CF Spooler that is my
> bottleneck.

Bypass it.  Some mail servers have a place where a message file can be
written or copied to and it will pick it up and process it.  The Microsoft
SMTP spooler has a folder under mailroot called "pickup" specifically for
this purpose.  ModusMail has a similar option.  I'm not sure about MDaemon
and Smartermail, but they're fairly mature products and I'd expect they do
as well.  You can write files out a lot faster than CF's spooler can move
the mail via SMTP.

-Justin