From: James Holmes [mailto:james.hol...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 5:35 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: For consideration...

The app can do both. The idea is to write one set of server-side validation
routines in CF. The app then uses AJAX to check fields as the used fills
them out, for the benefit of the user; it also checks them server side on
submission to ensure data integrity and prevent circumvention of the
validation routines. A framework to easily apply the validation at both ends
would make it all a low maintenance thing
- the validation need only be written once and can be maintained in one
place.

mxAjax / CFAjax docs and other useful articles:
http://www.bifrost.com.au/blog/