> ....and I suppose I should have said that I have used cookies, but have been
> dealing with government clients that are stuck on IE
> 6 where there is no "privacy" settings that govern cookie acceptance ;-)

OK, that makes a lot more sense.

> So it looks like the solution is not a CF one (i.e. there isn't an attribute
> I can set to make the cookies pass).  They are of course
> first-party cookies already....so it's hopefully just the privacy policy.

Right, although it may be the case that persistence and scope are used
by IE to determine whether they contain "contact information".

> Just FYI...med-high and at least medium settings in IE also mention the need
> for a compact privacy policy....so I still don't
> understand why these cookies are only blocked at the high level??

On my computer (Windows 7 64-bit, IE 8), it says that P3P is needed
for third-party cookies in Medium and Medium-High settings, but not
for first-party cookies.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite