> It was a dig at Brad's attempt to derail the discussion into the tired
> old Adobe vs Apple debate that everyone seems to enjoy having at the
> moment. In other words, it was intended to highlight that Brad's
> sarcastic comment wasn't useful to the original poster...

Well, the only problem with that is that his comment was at least
tangentially useful - it describes the current state of affairs. HTML
5 is not currently a reliable substitute for Flash in many ways, and
won't be for some time to come. I just read today that MS is dragging
their feet on adding CANVAS to IE 9!

http://go.theregister.com/feed/www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/05/microsoft_ie9_and_canvasn/

And without that standard in place, we can't realistically expect
Adobe to build toolsets to let Flash developers output to non-Flash
formats, as some people have suggested. So, the original poster is on
her own, and has to rewrite the functionality from scratch.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.