From: Charlie Stell [mailto:charlie.st...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:18 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Retrive query cell value by key/value pair instead of row number?

When I've had to deal with the same situation previously, I usually created a
"lookup" structure based on the column ill use as a handle - mystruct[value I
want to ref by]=row index from query (this struct would get populated by
looping over whole query) . This index then can be used to get at that row... I
do seem to remember however that there's now a cfscript verion of cfquery (I
don't remember if it supports query of querys). If that doesn't work, you could
write a function that takes a colname, col value and query name, and perform a
qoq- assuming the function will have access to the original query...

Hope that helps!