CF Educational licensing is free if I remember correctly (correct me if I am
wrong on that...)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordan Michaels [mailto:jor...@viviotech.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:55 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Is it time for Adobe to Rebrand Cold Fusion?

 > Windows nn - Windows nn = still sucks. Although I hear Windows 7
sucks less :)

Nah. That's crazy talk.

 > My belief is Adobe really needs to get into the schools and teach the
new programmers about CF.

Agree 100%. I have a bit of a history with educational systems, and
talking with some of my past colleagues the other day they indicated
they've stopped teaching the majority of Adobe technologies (Flash,
Dreamweaver, etc - they still teach Photoshop) because it was too dang
expensive to buy even the educational licenses to do so. Many states
have made huge cuts in education budgets trying to balance the state
budget - so schools are cutting back on software spending to help
compensate right now. They *WANT* to teach Adobe technologies, CF could
be included with that, but it's just too expensive for them to do so.

I don't think Adobe should give software away, even to schools (we all
gotta pay the bills, right?) but easing up a little would yield
excellent long-term results (and customers!) IMHO.

Warm regards,
Jordan Michaels
Vivio Technologies
http://www.viviotech.net/
Open BlueDragon Steering Committee
Railo Community Distributions

On 06/24/2010 05:12 PM, Wil Genovese wrote:

> A Rose by any other name is still a Rose. And so is a turd a turd.
>
> Microsoft is one of the industry kings of rebranding.
> ASP -->  .NET = still a turd IMHO
> Windows nn - Windows nn = still sucks. Although I hear Windows 7 sucks
less :)

> Only the uninformed fall for the rebranding.  The rest can smell the rose
or turd as the case may be.

> My belief is Adobe really needs to get into the schools and teach the new
programmers about CF.  At the same time focus on managers that make the tech
decisions and show them ColdFusion can fill their needs.  Then show case
very high volume/traffic ColdFusion powered sites and dispel the myths about
ColdFusion with live case studies.