From: John Pullam [mailto:jpul...@mcleansystems.com]
Sent: Sunday, 18 July 2010 10:26 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Connecting to CFC's in the same directory in CF9.

I think that I have isolated it pretty well now ...

It can find the CFC if both the invoking web page and the CFC are in the
document root (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\) and it can find it if I create a
subdirectory from there, e.g., c:\inetpub\wwwroot\real\ and move them both
to it.

But if I create a virtual directory that points into my website pages and
place both modules there then it fails.

I went back to my old CF8 system and tested it the same way and satisfied
myself that there is no such problem in CF8.

So my conclusion is that CF9 is not able to find the CFC when it is in a
virtual directory, even though the calling page is in the same virtual
directory. I am using a new Windows 7 Professional system which means I am
running IIS 7. So I figure that the issue is either a CF9 bug or something
that needs to be changed in the IIS 7 setup. (But if I can access the web
page, could anything else need to be done to access the CFC?)

Any ideas? If I get nothing back I will post this to Adobe and see if they
can provide help.