I've considered that and it's a possibility. What I'm really looking
for is how to access where CF is internally holding the filename between
the time it is uploaded to the web server and the time you process it
with cffile upload.

I learned something interesting though: If you upload a file and then
use cfhttp to upload the temp file to the same server, it throws a name
conflict. Is it using an encrypted version of the original file name for
the temporary file? It's not random, or timestamp based apparently!

Thx,
.jonah