That sounds like a good idea.

When CF receives a POST with encoding application/x-www-form-urlencoded,
you can access the URL encoded form fields via getHttpRequestData().content

HOWEVER when the POST is multipart/form-data to handle file uploads,
getHttpRequestData().content is an empty binary value. Somewhere I read
that this is done to save memory as that header value would be the
encoded length of the file being uploaded.

CF has to be keeping the field values elsewhere in this case. Can we
access that?