On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Tony Bentley
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a cfc that gets instantiated and then stored in an array. I have a 
> bunch of different objects (arrays, queries, structures, etc) in the cfc 
> which all gets used but because of the way I am storing them, the methods can 
> be called and I want to prevent that.

CFCs have methods - that's kinda the point - so I'm a bit puzzled as
to what you're really trying to achieve?

> Now if you dump the array, you get all of the stuff in cat and animal but you 
> also get the methods to kill cat, feed cat and all. There must be a way to 
> only get the structure with members and not the option to call the cfc 
> methods.

Why use CFCs at all then? If all you want is an array of structs, why
not load your data into structs instead of using CFCs?
-- 
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/
An Architect's View -- http://corfield.org/

"If you're not annoying somebody, you're not really alive."
-- Margaret Atwood

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology-Michael-Dinowitz/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:337889
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to