Amazon provides Windows AMIs so it's very easy to set up a Windows Server, it's
a matter of minutes.
If you run your server using an EBS backed (which I think is now the default
standard for Windows) then you can easily take snapshots in order to backup the
entire server in one go. Those snapshots can in turn be used as a new EBS
volume so you can essentially clone your server very easily.
Should your EC2 instance run into problems (maybe the underlying hardware is
having a rough day) you can shut it down, detach the EBS volume and attach it
to a new instance. It's a bit like moving a hard drive from box to box except
you don't have to actually physically move anything...

The whole Amazon stack is very powerful. The concept of having your apps
effectively detached from the processing power you need is quite something. You
can so very easily boot up new instances of your existing volumes, or increase
RAM and CPU capacity in a matter of minutes.

I would encourage anyone to have a play using one of the micro instances. They
cost next to nothing, and in fact are free up to a limit if you are a new AWS
customer.

Cheers

Stefan