One of the vendors from whom I've been getting a regular FTP
feed for the last 3 years has just notified me that they are
switching to RETS at the end of February.

I've done some reading on RETS (especially 2.0) and have some
basic understanding, but I'm trying to figure out *exactly*
where I, as a web developer, fit into this paradigm.

Is anyone working with RETS and, if so, would you care to share
some perspective on what you're doing with it?

This is basic education time from a web developer perspective.

I've always gotten all the data via FTP, parsed it into database
temp tables, run further "data refining" queries, uploaded the
"clean" data to my production database and run my sites off the
data from there.

How does RETS change this?  Do I have to now user web services
to interact with RETS data?

Thanks for any feedback (or resources on the web).  I've searched
and read a lot, but still need more clarification on how I fit in.

Rick