I can sleep, no worries mate.

It does however ring as a shortsighted and an inconsistent message of the
brand. But that's just my opinion as a guy who makes these types of
decisions. Though for much smaller clients than Adobe.

I feel masking the use of php on any CF branded Adobe pages (NOT "rewriting
dozens of apps in CF") could probably be done for under 20k of internal
resourcing. There's a number of ways to handle this either through code or
through the webserver. URL rewrite anyone? To me that's a worthwhile
decision. You may not think so. And that's fine. I won't be recommending you
for a marketing manager any time soon. ;)

I do wonder though why do so many of you seem to take the tack that if a
company does (or doesn't do) something that it's both a) a fully thought out
and analyzed decision and b) the right one. Many many companies, even
monster companies, don't have a consistent corporate message. Many times
things are half thought out if even that. It's not always a master plan as
many here would indicate. "Oh Adobe did x? Well that's clearly because
they've had exhaustive analysis and a master plan." Maybe they do have a
master plan that includes using PHP on CF related pages. If so, I think it's
a poor one.

Here, let me fill in your responses:

"Well no one knows their business better than Adobe. They know what they're
doing much better than you. You are handsome Mr. Grant."