If the cache filling up is the cause - the following should provide a useful
look at whats feeling it up -

SELECT  total_worker_time/execution_count AS [Avg CPU Time],
    SUBSTRING(st.text, (qs.statement_start_offset/2)+1,
        ((CASE qs.statement_end_offset
          WHEN -1 THEN DATALENGTH(st.text)
         ELSE qs.statement_end_offset
         END - qs.statement_start_offset)/2) + 1) AS
statement_text,qs.creation_time,last_execution_time,execution_count
FROM sys.dm_exec_query_stats AS qs
CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(qs.sql_handle) AS st
ORDER BY qs.creation_time desc

Your looking for the "same" query listed many times in the above's output -
by "same" I mean queries that only differ by the values that would
be parameterized... Your wanting to see as few rows as possible
with execution_count = 1. According to my notes, on the system I had this
happen, before adding cfqueryparam, the average(execution_count) was 1.2 -
afterwards the average was in the thousands.