From: Brian FitzGerald [mailto:bmfitzgera...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:33 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: cfhttp and SSL ... I/O Exception: peer not authenticated

Hey all,

I'm trying to make a cfhttp call to a secure url (the API for
http://spreedly.com) and this is what I keep getting back:

ErrorDetail      I/O Exception: peer not authenticated
Filecontent      Connection Failure
Mimetype         Unable to determine MIME type of file.
Statuscode       Connection Failure. Status code unavailable.

I'm pretty sure it's related to the fact that I'm trying to make a secure
request (SSL), and maybe since I'm on my local development machine and thus
don't have a local SSL setup on my end as well it's causing problems
(maybe?).

I've been Googling around on it and this seemed like the most relevant
article:
http://australiansearchengine.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/cfhttp-io-exception-p
eer-not-authenticated-error/#comment-1860

I did what he suggested by downloading and placing their cert in my CF9
directory structure, but no luck.  Seen anything like this?

Thanks!
Brian
http://www.spanishwizards.com