Thank you, Jenny. :o)

Take that, you guys!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jenny Gavin-Wear [mailto:jenn...@fasttrackonline.co.uk]
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 5:18 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: Need some perspective...

Peter,

1.  It's not a long post.
2.  It's not rambling.

I think Rick's post was spot-on accurate and I totally agree with every
point he makes.

Just sticking your head in the sand and saying "oh well, that's the way it
is" is a way of thinking that would leave us in the dark ages.

Rick clearly states his views, which you clearly miss.  Just because the
browsers are a mess doesn't mean we should not all be pressing for them to
be better.

The stance taken, particularly by Microsoft, is that they set the standard
and not W3C.  This takes us back to the days when proprietory hardware and
software manufacturers had no interest in working with each other, and in
fact made it as difficult as possible for anyone to integrate products at
even the most basic level.

Of course, we as developers we have to work with what we have got, but that
should not stop us hoping for something better and by stating his case, Rick
aims for just that.

Your reply was  condescending and deserves to have no part in this list.

Jenny Gavin-Wear
Fast Track eCommerce
+44 (0) 1262 602013
http://www.fasttrackonline.co.uk