From: Wil Genovese [mailto:jugg...@trunkful.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:02 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Total Execution Time

Well, converting a site from one platform to another may not be very
comparable.  At least not until the final product is done and optimized.
There are a lot of factors to execution times including many factors outside
of ColdFusion. Database, OS, JVM Tuning, firewall(s), proxies, IIS/Apache
and so on.

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/
Systems Administrator
CF Webtools
www.cfwebtools.com

wilg...@trunkful.com
www.trunkful.com

On Jul 12, 2011, at 12:54 PM, Torrent Girl wrote:

>> What is a good total execution time to aim for in Coldfusion? Is there
>> a standard benchmark?
>>
>> Thank you.
>

> Thanks All. I am converting ASP code to CF 9 and have someone comparing
the page load results to the ASP server and they are supposedly getting
faster times on the ASP server.

> I told her that I develop my pages within a certain benchmark (the pages
she tested have a 45 MS total execution time) and I am not understanding why
we are comparing the CF and ASP servers.