I'm not afraid to poke the stormcloud :)

Fusebox went unsupported for a number of years and there was some drama
about who owned the source code (it predates modern open source licenses).
There was a failed fork and then the community stepped in and created a
barrage of better frameworks. Recently, Fusebox has been open-sourced (on
github) and there is a small team of people working on the next version. It
may be too little and too late, but still probably a worthy effort. Even
still, I would not recommend going that way.

Many people believe Framework/1 (fw1.riaforge.org) is the true successor to
Fusebox. It implements a couple features the same way, and it was created
by the FB 5 and 5.5 primary developer Sean Corfield.

Depending on the size of what you plan to build, you may be able to shrink
your selection. The more "enterprise" options are probably Mach-II,
Model-Glue and ColdBox. They do a lot and have a lot going for them.
ColdBox is the younger of the three, and probably best documented, Louis
also does great training classes. Model-Glue hasn't seen a lot of action
lately. Model-Glue and Mach-II are heavily XML based and (to me) can get
overwhelming. The more casual options are probably cfwheels and FW/1, but
like John Bliss said, go with whichever works with your way of thinking.

(I hope I offended everyone with this ;)

nathan strutz
[www.dopefly.com] [hi.im/nathanstrutz] [about.me/nathanstrutz]