Hey All,

I'm curious as to what is behind statements like Cameron's (not picking
on you Cameron.....just a good example of what I'm talking about)....

"ORM, on the other hand, makes your code WAY WAY WAY more portable, and
(once you are past the learning curve) much faster to do development and
easier to maintain."

So what is it about ORM that makes this "WAY WAY WAY better" - defining
"better" along the way of course ;-)

I'm asking because EVERY coding efficiency anything I've ever tried
(i.e. Ruby on Rails) turned out to be good to a point and then you're
painted into a corner needing good old fashioned custom coding to solve
the problem.

Why is ORM (or ORM with CF) the magic bullet?  Simple real life example?

Thanks in advance folks
--
Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development

-----CONFIDENTIALITY------
This message, including any attachments, is confidential and may contain
information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure. It is intended
only for the person to whom it is addressed unless expressly authorized
otherwise by the sender. If you are not an authorized recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently destroy all copies of this
message and attachments.