Pradeep,

On the question of the license key: yes, you use the same license key on
test and staging.

I'm not aware of a way to limit the number of cores that ColdFusion has
access to.  If you virtualize your servers with VMWare vSphere, you can
limit the number of cores each virtual machine can use, thereby limiting
how many cores ColdFusion can use.  I've not used the Windows HyperV, so
I can't comment on whether it can be similarly configured.  If you have
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition, you are entitled to run up to
four virtual machines under one license (provided you have at most two
physical processors in the server).

HTH,
-Carl V.