Interesting. I've not needed to do anything like that and the updater has
always worked fine for me. Running Win 7 Home Prem without any special
handling of UAC (eg: I need to authorise any administrative change I make).

Obviously my experiences don't negate yours, but it does negate any notion
that it's intrinsically an issue with Win 7 & UAC considerations, I think?

Anyway: just an observation.

--
Adam