> IMO the worst problem with CFINSERT or CFUPDATE is that you have to
supply the list of all form fields

I'm afraid you can add to that "chasing your tail for no reason thanks to
creating a semi-opaque layer between yourself and JDBC/SQL"

If you use CFINSERT/CFUPDATE the above seems, sooner or later, to put you
over the edge so you swear the tool off and write SQL by hand.

I have robot updaters and inserters too (made all the more robotic with the
help of cfdbinfo figuring out the field types), but I keep them on a short
leash for the identical reason.  Debugging is miserable with a layer of
code in the middle and straightforward without.

--
--m@Robertson--
Janitor, The Robertson Team