OK,

Just ran a test and I can’t duplicate your server mapping functionality with a
standard Apache/CF Connector server setup but I *can* duplicate that
functionality when I tell Apache to serve an image MIME type (e.g. - .jpg,
.png) through Coldfusion.  Is this how your setup is configured?  If so,
yowsers on a few levels….

If you’re serving every MIME type with Coldfusion, then the reason you’re
getting this behavior is because the request is being evaluated and served
before the application is even being brought in to play.  CF is evaluating that
file according to the path specified at the server level, not recognizing any
CFML and then just passing it back to the browser without involving the
Application at all.  You would never be able to get application-specific
mappings to work for this purpose.

Once again, though, this would be attempting to use the web application server
for a purpose it was not designed for and serving non-CFML MIME types through
the Coldfusion server can have major security and performance implications.

- J