It is **impossible** to "use document.write java script (sic) to write the
variable to a CF variable". Cannot be done. Why? Because CF variables are
only available on the server side, and are long gone figments of one's
imagination by the time the HTML/JavaScript/CSS/etc. reaches the client
side (the browser).

You can, however, use JavaScript to write a form field value or to directly
POST/GET to/from a CFC once the page has loaded in the browser.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Robert Harrison <rob...@austin-williams.com