Re permissions: So the neo-cron.xml file is owned by user "nobody" as is
normal for these linux installs and the permissions are set properly. If I
click the suspend/resume button on a scheduled task the neo-cron.xml file
is updated and the .bak file is created. Did it several time this morning
watching the time stamps adjust on the two files as I do it. The lib folder
that the xml file sits in is also owned by nobody permissions set
properly... rwxr-xr-x

Off to see what I can find in the Adobe forums.