BTW....I forgot to mention that I control the Adobe AIR application and
can alter it.  This is all about a comments field in that application
and I suppose one solution would be to ensure that my special list
delimiter characters and # are kept out of the comments and this whole
issue goes away ;-)

....but if there is a workable solution I always prefer to not restrict
user entry in that way.

Cheers

*Bryan Stevenson*B.Comm.
President & CEO
Electric Edge Systems Group Inc. - makers of FACTS^(TM)
phone: 250.480.0642
cell: 250.920.8830
e-mail: br...@electricedgesystems.com <mailto:br...@electricedgesystems.com>
web: www.electricedgesystems.com <http://www.electricedgesystems.com>
and www.fisheryfacts.com <http://www.fisheryfacts.com>

-----CONFIDENTIALITY------
This message, including any attachments, is confidential and may contain
information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure. It is intended
only for the person to whom it is addressed unless expressly authorized
otherwise by the sender. If you are not an authorized recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently destroy all copies of this
message and attachments.