That may have been the case at one time. HOWEVER with HTML 5 and such jQuery
plugins as jQuery.Validate, even that argument in favour of CFFORM is no longer
valid. With HTML 5 (assuming that the client browser can handle it) even
required fields are much easier to do than with CF now. About the only thing I
can see CFForm working well is with dependent selects. And that's only because
I haven't tried setting up my own in jQuery or have used a jQuery plugin.

> > I have used cf since v4 and it has always had both client side and
> server side validation
>
> Ditto... but for client side validation I seldom use CFFORM unless it
> is a very simple form. CFFORM is good for required fields and for some
> validation of data types entered in fields.  It falls short when there
> is any conditional validation (i.e., the validation for one field
> depends on the response made in a previous field) and it falls short
> on the aesthetics of reporting errors. Unless they've added something
> new I'm unaware of, it still uses an alert to show errors.  Generally
> I'll use jQuery validation or write my own script.  The user
> experience can be much improved from CFFORM validation.
>

> Robert Harrison
> Director of Interactive Services
>
> Austin & Williams
> Advertising I Branding I Digital I Direct
> 125 Kennedy Drive,  Suite 100   I  Hauppauge, NY 11788
> T 631.231.6600 X 119   F 631.434.7022
> http://www.austin-williams.com
>
> Blog:      http://www.austin-williams.com/blog
> Twitter:  http://www.twitter.