I have a newly installed CF10 system working on my desktop (developer) machine,
including several working SQL Server datasources. But when I try to get the
Access ones to work I keep running into issues.

I installed the 32 bit version of ColdFusion in order to bypass the issues with
64 bit drivers, but the results I get sound similar to what others have said
already. Unfortunately the suggestions and fixes in those postings don't seem
to help in my case. Initially I thought I had this working but after a reboot,
its behaviour changed and the Access datasources failed, so I deleted them in
order to try again.

Now, when I attempt to add a new datasource, I get the message "The ColdFusion
ODBC Server service is not running or has not been installed. You may also use
the "MS Access with Unicode" driver to connect to MS Access datasources."

I did the obvious things such as going into services and manually starting the
service. Also there is no Unicode driver option in the administrator.

Any ideas?