Sort off, I used to do it so that when I add a server to CFB I would use
the one connection to one ColdFusion Instance. Then would use that for
every project, but I found an issue where the run as in the editor wouldn't
work..

Long story short, the server settings in CFB are really a joke and I have
never liked them. It is NOT user friendly and I dare say would turn a lot
of people away from CFB. But what do I know...

Anyway when you set up a server, the very first screen is how to connect to
ColdFusion, in here is the hostname or IP address of the server and the
port that the CFIDE will be found on. Unless your running a J2EE version
you can ignore the J2EE settings and further down is the RDS username and
Password to Connect to that ColdFusion server.

When you go to the next section, you are then presented with where and how
ColdFusion is located as well as the document root for the server as well
as the document root. Now the thing that is not clear here is is this what
ColdFusion sees or is this for the the actual project files.

But this is where it is frigging hard to work out and the documentation is
not clear. But what I have done is used the IIS webroot here for the
document root and used the projects location to get things working. But
this is why the run page in CFB has issues for me, as when I setup a server
with the document root to the projects code it works to a degree.

Personally I tried hard in the CFB1 pre-release days to get Adobe to look
at having one server setup, where I could use the projects path as the
document path for ColdFusion. Otherwise in my case I have around 15-20
websites setup for ColdFusion 9 alone and 2 or 3 for ColdFusion 10, which
means 23 servers in CFB pointing to technically one ColdFusion installation.

Hope I didn't loose you, but this section isnt the best for understanding
from a fresh set of eyes.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/