If you are having to do regular restarts for server stability then there is
definitely something wrong. At CF Webtools we have work with a large number of
clients on CF10 that have very high load websites. None of them need regular
restarts anymore. We are experts at rooting out server configuration issues as
well as coding practices that may not be efficient that can cause problems.

There are numerous blog posts on performance tuning for ColdFusion 10 JVM,
Tomcat IIS connectors and code. Some of those are at my blog
(http://www.trunkful.com) or at the ColdFusion Muses blog
(http://coldfusionmuse.com/). Adobe has many blog posts too on server
performance and tuning. I highly recommend using these resources to see if you
can resolve the root cause(s) for the server stability issues.

*Shameless plug* Or contact us and we can help you.

Regards,

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/
Systems Administrator