On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 4:23 AM, Rob Voyle <robvo...@voyle.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve
> I use cfbuilder 3 on my local development of applications (Win 7 machine).
> Having migrated from using Homesite (which I still use for its ease of
> extended
> find/replace across entire web projects)

​The find/replace is very simple in Builder, in fact I would go as far as
to say its better than Homesite/Studio (which was way better than Homesite)​

> While you can select a range of editor preferences color coding etc. You
> will have
> varying and frustrating results with many preferences not sticking after
> you close
> and reopen the program.

​Can't say I have this problem, I have custom colors/fonts etc., with no
issues what so ever.​

> The syntax error reporting and color coding is insanely erroneous and
> unhelpful.

​This is an Eclipse feature that CF Builder leverages off, this really
needs better work and customization options.​

> Many of these bugs have had multiple bug reports made at Adobe but nothing
> has been done
>
> The built in FTP is so complex to setup, I gave up and went back to an
> external
> FileZilla program.

​Actually it is not that complicated to set up at all, not sure why you
think that.​ But personally, I use Scooter's Beyond Compare. When pushing
changes on a daily basis with many other changes not approved. One really
needs a better sync program to do that. Relying on just using FTP can be a
asking for trouble, especially if you have many changes and some should not
be pushed.

> For a relative beginner to the deeper complexity and power of CF (despite
> having
> used it for many years) I found it very difficult to find the settings
> that control
> many of the preferences. Seemed like I am using "confusion builder" rather
> than
> "coldfusion builder"

​That is an issue with Eclipse and not ColdFusion Builder, but it can be
very powerful IDE if used right and Adobe get their act together and make
it that way.​

​

Regards,
Andrew Scott