Sorry I cannot comment on Hostek, but I would recommend working with your
host and getting to the root of the issue before putting in the work on
moving things. I just know that can be a hassle and you could wind up in
the same place as you are today.

So some recommendations.

- Get your provider to move the site to another server. Even if it's
temporary to see if the server is the issue. Maybe they can just provide
another temp account for free. This way the db can stay where it is and
just gave to move the files.

- Put another simple php app on your site. This would help narrow down php
on the server or your php instance (depending on their config) as the
issue.

- Disable your Wordpress plugins one by one to see if one is at fault. I
know you stated these aren't the issue, but worth trying.

- Check web logs to see if someone is leeching your Wordpress content and
beating up your site.

- Use a Wordpress caching plugin, you should do this anyway as Wordpress
usually runs like doodie without one anyway.

- Run the site through something like pingdom.com/tools, which will break
down the load times and from where. Could be a plugin loading content from
another site that is the issue and this would show it.

- Check the html source, possible that your Wordpress site is compromised
and there is some hidden content or something in the page causing a slow
down.

If you wanted to share the site, I'm sure some people on the list might be
able to offer some insight.