From: Thomas Chiverton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 5:49 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: cfauthenticate and NT users

I'm tryin to use cfauth. to log users onto my site, but it wont work, and I
see lots of other ppl on here strugerling, so hopefully some one has cracked
it and can suggest something to try I havent thought of.
Below is my Application.cfm, the user and password exisit in the NT domain,
which is setup as the user directory in the UserObject context (as in
'Mastering ColdFusion', p753.

Unfortunetly, I get the error:
----
Are we: NO
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information CFAuthenticate Tag Error.  Invalid User
'tchiverton'
for Security Context 'UserObject'.  The error occurred while processing an
element with a
general identifier of (CFAUTHENTICATE), occupying document position (2:1) to
(4:18).

---
<cfoutput>Are we: #IsAuthenticated()#</cfoutput>
<cfauthenticate securitycontext="UserObject"
username="tchiven"
password="jam">
----
Regards,