You need to have the Cold Fusion Enterprise edition to have the Advanced
Security that the CFAuthenticate tag requires.  Once you have that set up,
you need to define a security context named UserObject.  Inside that
context, you need to defined users and groups, protected resources and then
associate them.

The entire process was confusing when I set it up.  Instead of using that, I
wrote my own security interface using an ODBC database.

You could write a CFX tag to authenticate the users against an NT Domain.
There was an article in the latest Dr. Dobb's Journal (dead tree version,
not on the website) that discussed using Windows DLLs for this from Java.
It didn't look like it would be a major jump to write a CFX_J tag as a
wrapper the functions published.  I haven't tried it because I have no need
for it right now.

Russel

  Russel Madere, Jr.         Senior Web Developer
  ICQ: 5446158               http://www.TurboSquid.com

Some days you eat the bear; some days the bear eats you.