Use CFX_GetIPHostname

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Bowley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 21 March 2001 11:14
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Finding host from IP

Hi all

A question for the ASP-literate among you.  We have some ASP code that looks
like this:

Set DNS = CreateObject("TCPIP.DNS")
Host = DNS.gethostbyip(request.servervariables("remote_addr"))

It seems to be doing a DNS lookup.  Our production server does not run ASP.
Is there a way of doing the above but with ColdFusion?

TIA

Paul

Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual and not
necessarily the company.  This message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are
not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error
and that any use is strictly prohibited.

Sapphire Technologies Ltd
http://www.sapphire.net