As strange as this may sound in light of normal developmental thought
processes... I like to re-invent the wheel... each time I do, I get a
better, more efficient, and sometimes a much better looking wheel...  of
course I don't do this all the time, and I may use a function or two that
somebody else wrote, but I've always written my own applications.  It's why
I'm a developer... I love developing...