That's good to know, however, as far as I an tell, that uses a simple
numeric value (aggregate values) to sort on, whereas you are sorting
arbitrarily.

If you don't have access to the table itself, you can use something
like QueryAddColumn to insert your arbitrary sort values into the
query.

QueryAddColumn(query, column-name, array-name)

This might be the way to go, if you don't have access to the DB.

Good luck,
Jamie

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:01:32 -0800, in cf-talk you wrote:

>I see this in the SQL help files, but not sure how to write out the
query
>for it....
>
>Order
>Arranges members of a specified set, optionally preserving or breaking
th
>hierarchy.
>
>Syntax
>[, ASC | DESC | BASC | BDESC])
>
>Remarks
>There are two varieties of Order: hierarchized (ASC or DESC) and
>nonhierarchized (BASC or BDESC, where B stands for Break hierarchy). The
>hierarchized ordering first arranges members according to their position

>in
>the hierarchy. Then it orders each level. The nonhierarchized ordering
>arranges members in the set without regard to the hierarchy. In the
absen
>ce
>of an explicit specification, ASC is the default.
>
>Example
>This example
>
>Order(SampleSet, ([1995], Sales), DESC)
>
>hierarchizes all members and sorts each level according to Sales. Sales
>re
>compared at the highest level when the sorted list is constructed.
>Therefore, if the sum of Sales in all California cities is less than the

>sum
>of Sales in all New York cities, California and California.LA will
appear
>below NYC in the sorted, descending list.
>
>The result of
>
>Order(SampleSet, ([1995], Sales), DESC)
>
>is listed in the following table.
>
>      Location   1995 sales
>      USA   5000
>     California  2000
>      LA 500
>      Buffalo 300
>      NYC 900
>      France   2500
>      Paris 365
>        Nice 27
>      UK   1900
>      London 250
>

>The following expression sorts the members according to their values
with
>out
>regard for their relative positions in the member hierarchy. In this
>example, numeric values are sorted by 1995 sales per city, including
>aggregate sales values by state and country:
>
>Order(SampleSet, ([1995], Sales), BDESC)
>
>The following table shows the result of the previous expression.
>
>      Location 1995 sales
>      USA 5000
>      France 2500
>      California 2000
>      UK 1900
>      NYC 900
>      LA 500
>      Paris 365
>      Buffalo 300
>      London 250
>      Nice 27
>

>Note  When the input set has two elements for which the «String
Express
>ion»
>or «Numeric Expression» has the same value, the input order is
preser
>ved.
>

>For example, if the sales for USA and Europe is 300 each, and the sales
>or
>Asia is 100, the following expression returns the set {Asia, USA,
Europe}