hi,

I am trying to decide the best way to deploy an application..

background:
multi-language site.  Page content pulled from database.  I originally had
all "static" text (such as headings) wrapped in a cfif tag.  This got really
hard to deal with, and wasnt very clean code.

solution:
at the start of a session load in all language variables (about a hundred)
once into a STRUCTURE, and use it throughout the application.

problem:
I have to lock the hundred or more session variables.  This would mean locks
everywhere.

alternative:
as has been suggested on this list, copy the variables into the request
scope and use that instead.  No locking all over the place.

problem:
i have to do a query for the hundred or so variables every page request.

Which one?:
Is it better to have locks all over the place (which is what i wanted to get
away from - extra code that returns me to the original problem of wrapping
everything in cfif tags)

Or to not use session variables and transfer everything into the request
scope.  No locking, but a query at the beggining of every page call.

I would like to optimise for the speed of the application, and the speed of
coding.

thanks for your help

chad