We discovered the same thing that the IUSER account had to be added
otherwise you ge that message. By the way you need to be careful with asp
applications. Depending on the type we have found that read access is not
enough. In some cases the IUSER also needs read access to folders under
\WINNT ... all part of the fun with IIS.

dott. John Forrester
Systems e Networking Engineer
Direzione Tecnica
Ancitel Spa
Telefono: 0676291026
Cell Telefono: 3487972041
Fax: 0676291328

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: David Clover [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Inviato: domenica 10 marzo 2002 16.35
A: CF-Talk
Oggetto: RE: 401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource


Though nobody offered anything on this - I've now discovered that the
IUSR_servername account was not listed as a user of the z:\cfusion folders -
and now I've run CACLS through the folders and added it, all is well. It's
not at all clear how it happened - it may have been during a file restore
after we rebuilt the server. We'd rebuilt the IUSR account too - so it had a
different sid from the one stored on the backup databases which we restored.

David Clover
========================
IT Support Manager
Maths and Computing Faculty
The Open University
========================
Ext: 59367/53529
Tel: 01908 653529
Fax: +44 (0)709 236 3568
Voicemail: +44 (0)705 069 9440
========================
  -----Original Message-----
  From: David Clover [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
  Sent: 09 March 2002 12:44
  To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
  Subject: 401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource


  I have upgraded a server to CF 5 - it's an IIS4 server on NT 4 with the
August 2001 IIS 4 security roll up installed. The NT server is running SP 6a

  Documents publish OK with extension .htm. I have declared the extension
default.cfm, index.cfm in the IIS MMC console as valid. (see
http://robots.open.ac.uk for an 'index.htm' and then see
http://cci.open.ac.uk for an example failure - the .htm sidebar appears -
but the .cfm body which is referenced in the frameset. See also
http://computing.open.ac.uk/home/ which has an index.cfm as the root page)

  All documents have at least read access to account IUSR_servername. IIS4
is set up to work with anonymous access only.

  However, whenever I try address a document .cfm using a web browser, I
receive:

  401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource

  All the CF services are reported as running normally in the Service
Manager. I am baffled as to where the security problem lies.

  Can anyone advise? The vexing part is that initially, it all worked
absolutely fine. I can't even seem to get at the Cold Fusion Administrator
page now.

  With many thanks if you can help!
  David Clover
  ========================
  IT Support Manager
  Maths and Computing Faculty
  The Open University
  ========================
  Ext: 59367/53529
  Tel: 01908 653529
  Fax: +44 (0)709 236 3568
  Voicemail: +44 (0)705 069 9440
  ========================




______________________________________________________________________
Why Share?
  Dedicated Win 2000 Server � PIII 800 / 256 MB RAM / 40 GB HD / 20 GB MO/XFER
  Instant Activation � $99/Month � Free Setup
  http://www.pennyhost.com/redirect.cfm?adcode=coldfusionc
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Reply via email to