I'm trying to figure out if ColdFusion locks the whole table when running a
cfquery.
I'm getting those deadlock errors in production, where too many people
access the same table at the same time. It never happens in the development
environment or in the testing environment. But the thing is, I get deadlocks
with insert queries! Something simple as "insert into sometable (col1, col2,
col3) values ('val1','val2','val3')" This tells me that the lock is not done
on a row level, but on the table level. I'm using MSSQL 7, and the DBA
assures me that it would lock at row level, so I'm guessing ColdFusion is
requesting a lock at table level somewhere. Is there a CFAdmin setting for
this?

-----Original Message----- From: Houk, Gary
[<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>] Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 3:06
PM To: CF-Talk Subject: What is this SQL Error? First time I've seen this
one...what does it mean? Diagnostics: ODBC Error Code = 40001 (Serialization
failure) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Transaction (Process
ID 60) was deadlocked on {lock} resources with another process and has been
chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.